Academic English and General English Programs are available at our Esplanade Campus, Manly OR City Campus, Sydney — and now also offered online!
General English Program (Overall IELTS 3.5 to 5.0) – CRICOS course code: 092652B
Academic English Program (Overall IELTS 5.0 to 6.5) – CRICOS course code: 092650D
Delivered at the Aspire English Campus in Manly – Levels 1 & 2, 46-48 East Esplanade Manly
This program is designed for students who meet the academic requirements for our pathways but need or would like additional English language proficiency before commencing study. Students will develop the essay and report writing, presentation and critical thinking skills in English that are required for success in undergraduate study. In addition, classes are restricted to a maximum of 18 students, ensuring a high level of individual support and assistance throughout the program. The curriculum has been designed to cover a broad range of topics to accommodate students who are preparing to study any of the academic programs offered.
- Academic reading and writing
- Vocabulary extension
- Text analysis
- Report and essay writing
- Study skills and strategies
- Listening and note-taking skills
- Grammar for academic study
- Research project work
- Seminar / presentation delivery
The Academic English Program is available for students with an IELTS from 5 overall or equivalent.
The General English program is the perfect preparation for students wishing to improve their basic all-round English language skills. The program has a strong focus on the four core skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. This will develop the language skills you’ll need for English use in your daily life.
- Classes focus on building fluency and accuracy in both spoken and written language.
- Successful General English students can progress directly into our Academic English program.
- Small classes of no more than 18 students allow for close levels of interaction between you and your lecturers.
- Our highly qualified and experienced lecturers understand the needs of students and will provide you with the support and advice that you need.
- Emphasis on the four core language skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
The General English Program is available for students with an IELTS from 3.5 overall or equivalent.