Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to an ICMS Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship)
Organisations around the world require people with broad business and management skills. The Diploma of Business (Entrepreneurship) allows you to study an innovative blend of business subjects.
The Diploma of Business (Entrepreneurship) equips you with the skills needed for a successful career in your own business or anywhere in the diverse and dynamic business industry. You will gain an insight into key elements of managing people and organisations, marketing, financial and commercial literacy, and deepen your knowledge of contemporary business practices.
Your core business subjects are further enhanced with specialisation subjects in entrepreneurship, empowering to think and act in a way that sets the foundation for you to be able to successfully run your own business.
The Diploma of Business (Entrepreneurship) offers you a stand-alone qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into a bachelor program at ICMS, with completed specialisations and subjects counting towards your degree. Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Business (Entrepreneurship) you will receive advanced standing for subjects in an ICMS bachelor degree.
All Aspire students are part of the ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches Campus and, from 2020, core business subjects are offered at our new City Campus, subject to availability. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
Now offered online!
What you will learn
- Develop technical and theoretical business knowledge and concepts with some depth
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills in a business entrepreneurship project brief
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in an entrepreneurial context
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable business practices in a global context
- Describe solutions to routine entrepreneurship situations
- Name specialist business technology
- Present project findings in both written and personal presentation forms to diverse audiences in entrepreneurial business contexts
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of entrepreneurship contexts
- Use business management principles and motivational factors to diverse individuals and teams
- Appraise performance of self and others in business environments
|Course Name||Diploma of Business (Entrepreneurship)|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly|
core business subjects may also be offered in the City Campus
|Duration||1 year (or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||n/a (new curriculum)|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|1||CORE||BUS101A||Pathway to Success|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|SPECIALISATION||ENT101A||Entrepreneurship Foundations & Mindset|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|SPECIALISATION||ENT102A||Venture Ideation & Validation|