Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to a Bachelor degree at ICMS
The Diploma of Business (Fashion and Global Brand Management) is designed to equip students with business skills, combined with an introduction into the exciting, trillion-dollar fashion industry.
This qualification will equip you with industry-relevant skills and knowledge for a successful career in fashion and retail management. You will develop an understanding of the fundamentals of business – and have the practical skills for an immediate contribution to the specialised area of fashion.
Aimed at meeting the growing demand for qualified entry-level graduates within the Australian fashion and retail sector, the Diploma of Business (Fashion and Global Brand Management) produces professionals who are confident, competent and capable of taking their place in a competitive global environment.
The Diploma of Business (Fashion and Global Brand Management) offers you a stand-alone diploma qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into the second year of a Bachelor of Business (Fashion and Global Brand Management) at the International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS).
Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Business you will receive advanced standing for subjects which are part of a bachelor degree at ICMS.
All Aspire diploma students are part of the greater ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches Campus or at our new City Campus, subject to availability. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
What You Will Learn
- Develop technical and theoretical business knowledge and concepts with some depth
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills in a fashion and global brand management project brief
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in a fashion and global brand management context
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable business practices in a global context
- Describe solutions to routine fashion and global brand management business situations
- Name specialist fashion and global brand management business technology
- Present project findings in both written and personal presentation forms to diverse audiences in business contexts
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of fashion and global brand management contexts
- Use business management principles and motivational factors to diverse individuals and teams
- Appraise performance of self and others in business environments
The Diploma of Business (Fashion and Global Brand Management) positions graduates for roles such as: Fashion Brand Coordinator, Visual Merchandiser, Fashion Marketing Assistant, Assistant Planner Fashion, Digital Coordinator, Assistant Retail Manager or Assistant Stylist.
|Course Name||Diploma of Business (Fashion and Global Brand Management)|
|Pathway Options||International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS)|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly|
|Duration||1 Year (or part time equivalent)|
|FEE-Help||YES Domestic students|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||New|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
|Pathway options||International College of Management Sydney (ICMS)|
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|T1||CORE||BUS101A||Pathway to Success|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|SPECIALISATION||FBM101A||Introduction to the Fashion and Retail Industry|
|T2||CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|SPECIALISATION||FBM102A||Styling and Creative Direction|