Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or a pathway to an ICMS Bachelor of Property (Development, Investment & Valuation)
Property is one of the fastest growing sectors in Australia. The Diploma of Property is the perfect starting point to lay a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise in this potentially lucrative industry.
The Diploma of Property produces graduates who are professionally competent and capable of taking their place in a competitive global environment. As a graduate, you will have an understanding of the fundamentals of business, and have the practical skills to be able to make an immediate contribution to the specialised area of Property.
Consisting of six core business subjects and three property specialisation subjects, this course will equip you for entry-level positions across the field of property.
As your career develops, the knowledge and experience gained while studying the Diploma of Property could take you in many diverse directions in industrial, rural, commercial and residential areas of the property sector.
The Diploma of Property offers you a stand-alone qualification through Aspire or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into a bachelor degree such as the Bachelor of Property (Development, Investment and Valuation) at ICMS, with completed specialisations and subjects counting towards your degree. Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Property you will receive advanced standing for subjects in an ICMS bachelor degree.
All Aspire students are part of the ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches campus. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support including study skills.
What You Will Learn
- Develop technical and theoretical property industry knowledge and concepts with some depth.
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills in an industry context to enable decision making.
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in property industry and other related contexts.
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable business practices in a global context.
- Use decision making and problem-solving skills to develop solutions to property and business-related contexts.
- Employ appropriate skills and technologies widely used in the industry.
- Present findings in both written and oral presentation forms to diverse property industry audiences.
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of settings and contexts.
- Apply business management principles and motivational factors to property industry team environments.
- Appraise performance of self and others in professional environments.
The Diploma of Property positions graduates for roles such as: Facilities Coordinator, Leasing Coordinator, Assistant Project Manager, Property Development Coordinator, Property Assistant, Assistant Property Analyst
|Course Name||Diploma of Property|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly | Online* |
*core business subjects may be offered in the City Campus, subject to availability.
|Duration||1 year (or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Indicative Student Enrolments||2 Diploma students and 115 Bachelor of Property (Development, Investment and Valuation) students in 2020|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
|Pathway option||International College of Management Sydney (ICMS)|
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|T1||CORE||MGT101||Pathway to Success|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|SPECIALISATION||PRO120A||Introduction to the Property Industry|
|CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|SPECIALISATION||PRO110A||Principles of Valuation|