Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to an ICMS Bachelor of Hospitality Management
For those with a love of people and travel, it’s hard to go past a career in hospitality. The Diploma of Hospitality Management equips you with the skills needed for a successful career in the diverse and fast-paced hospitality industry. As your career develops, the knowledge and experience gained while studying the Diploma of Hospitality Management could take you to workplaces as diverse as international hotels, resorts, cruise ships, and restaurants. Others have taken the plunge and opened their own hospitality business.
The Diploma of Hospitality Management offers you a stand-alone qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into a bachelor program at ICMS, with completed specialisations and subjects counting towards your degree. Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Hospitality Management you will receive advanced standing for subjects in an ICMS bachelor degree.
All Aspire students are part of the ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches Campus and core business subjects at our new City Campus, subject to availability. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
Now offered online!
What you will learn
- Develop technical and theoretical knowledge and concepts of the hospitality industry in some depth
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills within a hospitality context
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in a hospitality industry context
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable hospitality practices in a global context
- Describe solutions to routine hospitality industry situations
- Name specialist hospitality technology
- Present project findings in both written and personal presentation forms to diverse hospitality industry audiences
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of hospitality industry contexts
- Use business management principles and motivational factors to diverse individuals and teams in the hospitality industry
- Appraise performance of self and others within a hospitality setting
|Course Name||Diploma of Hospitality Management|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly | Online* |
*core business subjects may be offered in the City Campus, subject to availability.
|Duration||1 year (or part time equivalent)|
|FEE-Help||YES Domestic students|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||5 Diploma students and 158 ICMS Bachelor of Hospitality Management students in 2022|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
|Pathway option||International College of Management Sydney (ICMS)|
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|1||CORE||BUS101A||Pathway to Success|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|SPECIALISATION||THE101A||Introduction to Tourism, Hospitality & Events|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|SPECIALISATION||HOS101A||Rooms Division Operations|