Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to an ICMS Bachelor of Event Management
Event management opens the door to a range of travel and career opportunities.
The Diploma of Event Management aims to equip you with the skills needed for a successful career in the diverse and dynamic events industry. As your career develops, the knowledge and experience gained while studying the Diploma of Event Management could take you in many different directions, from sport to arts and culture.
The Diploma of Event Management offers you a stand-alone qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into a bachelor program at ICMS, with completed specialisations and subjects counting towards your degree. Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Event Management you will receive advanced standing for subjects in an ICMS bachelor degree.
All Aspire students are part of the ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches campus. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
What you will learn
- Develop technical and theoretical event management knowledge and concepts with some depth
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills in an event management business project brief
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in the events industry
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable business practices in a global events management context
- Describe solutions to routine events management situations
- Name specialist event management technology
- Present project findings in both written and personal presentation forms to diverse audiences in event management contexts
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of event management contexts
- Use business management principles and motivational factors to diverse individuals and teams in the events management industry
- Appraise performance of self and others in event management business environments
|Course Name||Diploma of Event Management|
|UAC Code||TBA April 2020|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly*|
|Duration||1 year (or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode||on campus|
|Start||Feb, May & Sept|
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||n/a (new curriculum)|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
*News: The Aspire Institute has recently opened a new City Campus https://www.icms.edu.au/contact-us/our-campuses/city-campus-0 in the heart of Sydney’s business district. As well as the campus in Manly, students enrolling in this course for February 2020 will now have an option to attend specified business subjects in the city, subject to availability.
|Core Subjects||BUS101A Pathway to Success|
MGT101A Management Solutions for a Changing World
ACC101A Financial and Commercial Literacy
MGT102A Global Citizenship
STA101A Data Informed Decision Making
|Specialisation Subjects||THE101A Introduction to Tourism, Hospitality & Events|
EVT101A Event Concept & Design