Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to a Bachelor degree at ICMS
Accounting is fundamental to any business – anywhere in the world. Professionals with broad business and accounting skills are relied upon by investors and decision-makers in all areas of industry for their expert knowledge and skills in planning, evaluating and reporting on a wealth of business matters.
The Diploma of Business (Accounting) is designed to equip you with a range of key business skills combined with an introduction into the accounting industry. The course consists of six core business subjects and two accounting subjects to form a qualification that is sure to be in strong demand within the growing Accounting services sector.
The Diploma of Business (Accounting) produces graduates who are professionally competent and capable of taking their place in a competitive global environment. Graduates will have an understanding of the fundamentals of business and have the practical skills to make an immediate contribution to the specialised area of accounting.
By including subjects such as Pathway to Success, Financial and Commercial Literacy, Management Accounting, Global Citizenship, Data Informed Decision Making, Marketing and Management Solutions for a Changing World, the Diploma of Business (Accounting) opens up a range of different potential job opportunities within business and management.
The Diploma of Business (Accounting) offers you a stand-alone qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into the second year of a bachelor degree at the International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS).
Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Business (Accounting) you will receive advanced standing for subjects which are part of a bachelor business degree at ICMS.
All Aspire diploma students are part of the greater ICMS student community, with lectures held at the Northern Beaches Campus or at the City Campus, subject to availability. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
What you will learn
- Develop, integrate and evaluate broad business theoretical and technical knowledge.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative applied research, analyse and apply findings to accounting business practice.
- Analyse data, create and communicate solutions to complex and unpredictable accounting challenges.
- Integrate ethical and sustainable solutions into global business practices.
- Recognise and analyse accounting business operations and challenges and identify solutions.
- Evaluate the most appropriate skills and technologies for the different challenges presented in accounting contexts.
- Communicate effectively in diverse accounting contexts and across cultures.
- Adapt business and specialist knowledge to provide effective responses to complex accounting business contexts.
- Critically examine team dynamics and effectively apply business management principles and motivational factors to diverse team environments.
- Reflect on performance and evaluate feedback to design a pathway towards continual learning opportunities and self-improvement in business practices.
- Manage and self-direct work and learning within the professional business environment.
The Diploma of Business (Accounting) positions graduates for roles such as: Assistant Accountant, Finance Officer, Office Assistant, Administration Officer, Cost Clerk, Office Clerk, Accounts Payable Coordinator, and Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
|Course Name||Diploma of Business (Accounting)|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly|
Core business subjects can also be taken at the City Campus, subject to availability.
|Duration||1 Year (or part time equivalent)|
|FEE-Help||YES Domestic students|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||New course|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students ||
|Pathway options||International College of Management Sydney (ICMS)|
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|T1||CORE||BUS101A||Pathway to Success|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|SPECIALISATION||ACC102A||Management Accounting 1|
|T2||CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|SPECIALISATION||ACC103A||Financial Accounting 1|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|Subject Code||Subject Name|
|ENT101A||Entrepreneurship Foundations & Mindset|
|ENT102A||Venture Ideation & Validation|
|EVT101A||Event Concept & Design|
|HOS101A||Rooms Division Operations|
|SPO101A||Sports Management Fundamentals|
|SPO102A||Socio-Cultural Factors in Sports|
|THE101A||Introduction to Tourism, Hospitality & Events|
|TOU101A||Tourism, Technology & Innovation|