The Postgraduate Qualifying Program (PQP)
The Postgraduate Qualifying Program (PQP) is a pathway to postgraduate study.
Combining academic and English language subjects, the PQP will help you develop the core skills for success in postgraduate studies. On successful completion of the PQP, students can gain entry, with credit for two postgraduate subjects, to one of the following Graduate Certificate or Master’s courses at the International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS):
- Graduate Certificate of Business
- Graduate Certificate in Event Management
- Graduate Certificate of Business (Media and Marketing)
- Graduate Certificate of Business (Tourism and Hospitality Marketing)
Credit may also be granted for the following Master’s degree, assessed on a case by case basis.
WHO SHOULD STUDY THE PQP?
This course is ideal for you, if you want to:
- Improve your academic English language skills to be able to transition successfully to Australian university-level courses
- Develop core business knowledge before entering a Masters course
- Gain confidence in both academic subjects and English language skills before embarking on postgraduate studies
- Improve English and business knowledge before working in Australia or internationally
The PQP comprises 4 subjects arranged to advance your business knowledge and build verbal and written English skills necessary for a successful postgraduate learning experience. Through the inclusion of postgraduate level academic subjects, you may also gain credit toward an ICMS Master’s degree. So, when you progress, you’ll not just have had a taste of postgraduate management studies, you’ll have completed part of your Master’s degree!
This program is delivered jointly at our beautiful Manly campus and in the Sydney CBD*.
*Subject to availability and subject scheduling.
1 trimester full time (13 weeks)
|600||MGT604||Managing in the Global Context||Nil||4||33|
|NA||ENGAE600||Academic English 6A||Nil||0||100|
|NA||ENGAE650||Academic English 6B||Nil||0||100|
|Accreditation Status||Non Award|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly & City Campus, Sydney|
|Duration||1 Trimester (13 weeks or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode||on campus|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Annual Indicative Enrolments||4 in 2019|
CRICOS Course Code: 094357D
Upon completion of the PQP and in order to progress to a Master degree course at ICMS, the following criteria must be met:
- Pass mark for academic subjects (minimum GPA 2.5)
- IELTS 6.5 overall (Speaking and Writing not less than IELTS 6.0) (or equivalent )
Academic: Completion of a three-year higher education qualification, or overseas equivalent.
English Language Proficiency Requirements: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
For more information click here.
Download the brochure here.
Download the flyer here.