Australian Foundation Program
The Foundation Program is a practical qualification which prepares students for employment, and further education and training.
This program is designed for students who would like entry into an Aspire undergraduate diploma program, leading to a bachelor degree, but have not completed high school year 12 or equivalent. It is also suitable for students who would like an introductory program before tackling a full diploma.
A SOLID FOUNDATION
The Australian Foundation program provides students with the following advantages:
- Skills to begin working
- Preparation to transition smoothly to further studies
- Classes held in a beachside location or city centre
- A hands-on, practical approach to teaching
- Small, individual classes
- Extra academic support
- Can be completed in a total of 8 months
- Helps students to progress into an Aspire undergraduate diploma and then possibly transition to the second year of a bachelor degree with one of our university or college partners.*
WHO SHOULD STUDY A FOUNDATION PROGRAM?
The Australian Foundation Program is ideal for:
- International students who would like to undertake a foundational qualification and develop the study, language and cultural skills needed to succeed in Australia.
- International students new to study in Australia who would like an introductory program before progressing to a full diploma qualification.
- Students who have not completed the equivalent of an Australian year 12 (final year) of schooling.
- This program is ideal for students who are seeking a pathway to progress into an Aspire Institute diploma and then possibly articulate into a bachelor degree with one of our university or college partners.
The qualification is made up of 10 modules covering English subjects and core business disciplines such as Marketing, Mathematics for Business and Business Principals.
|Accreditation Status||Non Award|
|Campus||City Campus, Sydney CBD|
|Duration||2 trimesters (8 months)|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Main Intakes: February, May, August|
Mid-Term Intakes: March, June, October & December
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||43 enrolments in 2019|
|TRIMESTER 1||TRIMESTER 2|
|MODULES||Lecture/ Tutorial Hours||Supervised Studies Hours||MODULES||Lecture/ Tutorial Hours||Supervised Studies Hours|
|English 1||6||2||English 2||6||2|
|Essentials of Computing||4||1||Australian Cultural Studies||4||1|
|Intro to Accounting||4||1||Intro to Service Management||4||1|
|Business Principles||4||1||Mathematics for Business||4||1|
|The Law in Australia||4||1||Intro to Economics||4||1|
|Total Study Hours per Term 1 (364)||Total study Hours per term 3 (364)|