Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to ICMS Bachelor of Business (Sports Management)
For those with a love of sport, the Diploma of Business (Sports Management) equips you with the skills needed for a successful career in the multi-billion-dollar global sports industry.
This course provides a thorough understanding of key concepts relating to the sports management industry. As your career develops, the knowledge and experience gained while studying the Diploma of Business (Sports Management) could take you from the management of athletes and teams to the administration of mass market, mass participation sports and the myriad industries and government bodies that support them.
The Diploma of Business (Sports Management) offers you a stand-alone qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into a bachelor program at ICMS, with completed specialisations and subjects counting towards your degree. Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Business (Sports Management) you will receive advanced standing for subjects in an ICMS bachelor degree.
All Aspire students are part of the ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches Campus and core business subjects at our new City Campus, subject to availability. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
What you will learn
- Develop technical and theoretical sports business knowledge and concepts with some depth
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills in a sports business context
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in the global sports industry context
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable business practices in a global sporting context
- Describe solutions to routine sports business situations
- Name specialist sports business technology
- Present project findings in both written and personal presentation forms to diverse audiences in the sports industry
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of sports industry contexts
- Use business management principles and motivational factors to diverse individuals and teams in the sports industry
- Appraise performance of self and others in the sport business industry
|Course Name||Diploma of Business (Sports Management)|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly*|
|Duration||1 year (or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode||on campus|
|Start||Feb, May & Sept|
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||n/a (new curriculum)|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
*News: The Aspire Institute has recently opened a new City Campus https://www.icms.edu.au/contact-us/our-campuses/city-campus-0 in the heart of Sydney’s business district. As well as the campus in Manly, students enrolling in this course for February 2020 will now have an option to attend specified business subjects in the city, subject to availability.
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|1||CORE||BUS101A||Pathway to Success|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|SPECIALISATION||SPO101A||Sports Management Fundamentals|
|SPECIALISATION||SPO102A||Socio-Cultural Factors in Sports|