Stand-alone Diploma qualification
or your pathway to an ICMS Bachelor of Business (International Tourism)
For those with a love of travel, the Diploma of Business (International Tourism) equips you with the skills needed for a successful career in the diverse global tourism industry. This course provides an introduction to key concepts relating to the tourism industry. As your career develops, the knowledge and experience gained while studying the Diploma of International Tourism could lead you to working with businesses as diverse as airlines, attractions, tour operators and travel companies.
The Diploma of Business (International Tourism) offers you a stand-alone qualification through the Aspire Institute or, should you wish to further your studies, you could choose to use your diploma qualification as a pathway into a bachelor program at ICMS, with completed specialisations and subjects counting towards your degree. Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Business (International Tourism) you will receive advanced standing for subjects in an ICMS bachelor degree.
All Aspire students are part of the ICMS student community, with lectures held at our Northern Beaches Campus and core business subjects at our new City Campus, subject to availability. Aspire students receive dedicated academic support, including study skills.
Now offered online!
What you will learn
- Develop technical and theoretical business knowledge of tourism and its concepts in some depth
- Develop basic academic and applied research skills within a tourism context
- Identify appropriate sources of data for problem solving in a global tourism industry context
- Explain the importance of ethical and sustainable business practices in a global tourism context
- Describe solutions to routine tourism business situations
- Name specialist tourism technology
- Present project findings in both written and personal presentation forms to diverse tourism industry audiences
- Apply technical business knowledge to a range of tourism industry contexts
- Use business management principles and motivational factors to diverse individuals and teams in the tourism industry
- Appraise performance of self and others within a tourism business setting
|Course Name||Diploma of Business (International Tourism)|
|Campus||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly*|
|Duration||1 year (or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode||on campus | online|
|Start||Feb, May & Sept|
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments||n/a (new curriculum)|
|Entry Requirements||Domestic Students|
*News: The Aspire Institute has recently opened a new City Campus https://www.icms.edu.au/contact-us/our-campuses/city-campus-0 in the heart of Sydney’s business district. As well as the campus in Manly, students enrolling in this course for February 2020 will now have an option to attend specified business subjects in the city, subject to availability.
|Term||Subject Type||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|1||CORE||BUS101A||Pathway to Success|
|SPECIALISATION||THE101A||Introduction to Tourism, Hospitality & Events|
|CORE||MGT101A||Management Solutions for a Changing World|
|CORE||ACC101A||Financial and Commercial Literacy|
|CORE||STA101A||Data Informed Decision Making|
|SPECIALISATION||TOU101A||Tourism, Technology & Innovation|