Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Plan, research and synthesise information from a variety of sources to produce a business briefing report
- Plan, research, synthesise and produce an academic argument essay.
- Construct and deliver a presentation worthy of the standards practiced in business.
- Demonstrate effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Explain and understand the importance of effective communication in business.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
Investigative report: This is a formal, business investigative report. It is a researched document which must show evidence of researched material. The report should be properly referenced with cited references in the text as well as a references list at the end. A fail grade will be issued if this is not done. Use expert, reliable and credible sources of information. You need to use at least three credible sources. Do not use Wikipedia. It is not a reliable source! A fail grade will be issued if Wikipedia is used. The word count is 1500 words. All reports must be submitted as a paper document as well as an electronic document through Turnitin on the Moodle platform.
Topic: You may choose any subject area. It must however be a subject that can be delivered as a purposeful topic. It must be a topic that can be academically researched. Try and choose a topic that you are interested in as this will make the process much more enjoyable for you. Your topic must be approved by your tutor!
Your report must include, but is not limited to the following:
- Cover Page (College requirements)
- Table of Contents
- Body (separated into headings and sub-headings)
- Recommendations (optional)
- Appendices (if any)
Oral presentation: You are required to orally present the findings you have researched in your written report. You do not have to present everything in the report! You must select the most suitable type of information to present to your audience.
You have a time slot of ten minutes. Your speech should be about between 6 minutes and 9 minutes.
You must have the following for your presentation:
- You must make use of at least one Visual aid to support your speech
These aids can be anything like IT-based aids, handouts, film clips, dress, flip chart, Whiteboard,
artifacts, demonstrations, brochures, posters, pictures, photographs etc
- Make sure that when you select any type of graphic visual aid that it is suitable for a business audience. Do not select material that is insensitive, tactless or offensive
- You MAY make use of PowerPoint slides if you want to. This is not compulsory!
Make sure you:
- Check in advance that the equipment you need will be in the classroom at the time of your presentation; that your
program is compatible with the classroom computer;