In the context of the qualification, this is a fundamental foundation subject that provides the candidate with a basic understanding of property development, property management and facility management terms and concepts. You are introduced to several of the key facets in the Property area which are to be covered in more depth in subsequent subjects.
The overall aim of the subject is to provide candidates with an understanding of basic property and facility management and development concepts.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
The strategies to achieve these outcomes will be formal lectures, general application of theory to reality-based problems with self study and research. There will be feedback to students on assessment tasks based on the principle of assessment for learning.
- Understand general property business practice as it relates to the management of property assets
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of property and asset management theory
- Be aware of the legal, physical and other parameters which concern the development and management of income-producing property assets in various market classes
- Explain the procedures and processes involved in negotiating and establishing property documentation such as Development Applications and Leases
- Have a basic understanding of facilities and maintenance management
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.