Venue management includes the methods and skills you need to source, negotiate and manage venue personnel you will liaise with when staging an event at a venue. This subject requires you to place yourself in the position of the Event Manager, faced with making a range of decisions related to venue management. Working with clients, venue briefs, site inspections, staff management and creating an initial event brief. The subject also provides an insight into the hospitality sector from a service perspective for event management students. You will be faced with making a range of decisions related to the planning and preparation of tasks for overall banquet operations, including wedding co-ordination; dealing with suppliers, client briefs, timelines and the law, which not only tests your theoretical knowledge of the subject but also enhances your ability to make informed and appropriate decisions based on that knowledge and the given circumstances of a variety of situations.
The aim of this subject is to provide a basic introduction to venue management as it applies to the event management industry. It is designed to give event management students skills in how to negotiate and liaise with venues when staging an event.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
Demonstrations, class discussions, group exercises, class presentations and on-site site inspections will assist you in a more comprehensive understanding of venue management in an event management context.
- Conduct effective site inspections and understand the operations of venue management.
- Applying knowledge and demonstrating effective project management skills relating to venue management.
- Create an event research report encompassing all aspects and elements of venue management.
- Knowledge of function organisation from a hospitality operational point of view.
- Understand the fundamental issues underpinning the production and service of food and beverages in a venue catering environment.
- Understand, analyse and apply knowledge of wine appreciation, function service, service styles and coffee and tea service.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
|1||Venue Research Project||30.00%||4,5|
|2||Function Service Operations||30.00%||1,2,3|