In the context of the qualification, this is a fundamental foundation valuation subject designed to deliver to candidates the skills and knowledge required to assess and conduct the valuation of residential property types, and further, to introduce the fundamental assessment methods to apply in the valuation of income producing property.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Obtain, interpret and confirm valuation instructions
- Inspect property, conduct research and analyse evidence
- Evaluate highest and best, economically viable use
- Assess market value of residential property using direct comparison, summation and hypothetical methods and prepare a valuation report to industry standards
- Explain the assessment of income producing properties
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.